Saturday, November 6, 2010

done with one ... starting another



About a year ago I decided I wanted to pick up quilting again. I had started a t-shirt quilt with my Grandmother a long long time ago but any time I wanted to pick it up again it was just too emotionally overwhelming. I decided that there is no simpler quilt to make than a baby quilt, a friend at work was pregnant so I had grand plans of making a quilt for her.

Between my normal penchant for distraction and for not doing things the easy way (like following directions – or for that matter reading the entirety of directions) the baby in question is almost a year old but none-the-less I am glad to be done.

Obviously it has flaws, but I am not displeased with it and I look forward to giving it to the lovely little lady.



Being done with the quilt has freed me up to start my next project (well one of them) is a rag doll for my niece. Hopefully it will be ready for Christmas. And the best part is that I am getting to use some of the random plethora of fabric I inherited from my Grandmother (the pieces for the body are actually some of my great-grandmother Mary Lou's ... she had an affinity for brown)

No comments:

Contributors